Transport for Greater Bristol is currently looking for a part-time volunteer to help us with our communications work.
We are looking for someone to help us be part of the conversation around transport in Bristol and campaign for change that enables the city to get moving.
If you’re looking for a career in the media, public affairs, marketing, public relations, journalism, campaigns or social media, then this could be an opportunity to hone your skills before you begin your career.
We want someone for around two hours each working day to find news stories, draft content and manage our social media accounts.
You might have a good understanding of digital communications, campaigning or the media, although we do not expect anyone to have any professional experiences.
You will be managed by an experienced communications professional who will happily help develop your skills and provide career guidance.
We’d like someone who can commit to at least six months in the position.
The role will include:
- Gathering and distributing news content to group members
- Suggesting content for press releases, web stories and social media content
- Sending press releases to local journalists
- Fielding inquiries from journalists, arranging interviews and preparing spokespeople
- Responding to social media content
- Editing blog content.
For more information, contact Joe on earsopen AT hotmail.co.uk